Sunday, October 7, 2012
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
Prep/cook time: 10/30 minutes
1 lb beef sirloin or top round steak, cut into 1"cubes
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
2 cups fresh or frozen baby carrots
1 can (14 1/2 oz) Swanson Seasoned Beef broth with onionI
1/2 cup Burgundy or dry red wine
Hot cooked Orzo pasta
COAT beef with flour. Heat oil in skillet. Add beef and cook until browned, stirring often. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme and cook until mushrooms are tender.
ADD carrots, broth and wine. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until done.
Serve over Orzo
BY: Campbell's Easy Menu book
Tri tip beef roast (1/2 per person)
Put the rock salt over the roast for about 2 to 3 hours (don't over do it or it will be to salty)
6 small roman tomatoes
1 big onion (or 2 med onions)
1/2 cup green pepper
2 green onions
1 stock celery
1/2 cilantro punch
1/2 punch parsley
1/2 cup of each: water, white vinegar, good canolia oil (mazolia)
Grill the roast until you like it and put the salsa on top
By: Pat F
Prep/cook time: 20 minutes
1 lb ground beef ( I like to add onions and garlic)
1 can Campbells cheddar cheese soup
1 can 10 3/4 oz tomato soup
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
Cook beef in skillet until browned. Pour of fat.
Add soups, water and pasta. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until done, stirring often.
BY: Campbells Easy menu book
3 CHEESE PASTA SKILLET
Prep/cook time: 20 minutes
3 cups uncooked corkscrew pasta
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's cream of mushroom or (I used chicken)
1 cup water
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded two-cheese blend
1/3 grated Parmesan cheese
1 can (2.8 oz) French's French fried onions
Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Drain.
Mix soup, water, pepper, cheeses, and 1/2 can onions in skillet. Heat to a boil.
Add pasta and top with remaining onions. Cover and heat over low heat 2 minutes or until hot.
BY: Campbell's Easy menu book
CHILI (very yummy)
we ate them over scones
3/4 lb ground beef (or leave out)
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 16 oz can tomatoes, cut up
1 16 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
2-3 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried basil (crushed)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
In large sauce pan cook beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic til meat is brown. Drain
Stir in undrained tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover, simmer for 20 minutes.
Makes 4 main dish serving.
BY: Holly R.
SOUPER SLOPPY JOE'S
Prep/Cook time: 15 minutes
1 lb ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Tomato soup
1/4 up water
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp pepper
6 hamburger rolls
* Cook beef in skillet until browned. Pour off fat (I add onion and garlic to make it more flavorful).
* Add soup, water, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Heat through. Serve on rolls ( I use progressive tomato soup, 1 can of diced tomatoes also with the tomato soup, it is really good. Also I use 2lbs of meat when I use this much sauce and 2 TBSP of sauce, basically double, I don't think I added the water when i use the soup. You can use the progressive soup instead of the tomato soup and not double anything .
BY : Campbells Easy family meals book
BROCCOLI LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 can (14 1/2 oz) tomato sauce with Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried oregano
6 lasagna noodles ( try wheat for a healthier meal)
12 oz cottage cheese
(I like to add Ricotta cheese also)
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat oven to 375 F. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and oregano. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce mixture in a 12x8 inch baking dish.
3) Place the cottage cheese (and ricotta), broccoli, onion, and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix well. divide the broccoli mixture evenly over each noodle. Roll up the noodles jelly-roll style and arrange in the prepared baking dish.
4) Spoon the remaining tomato sauce mixture on top of the roll-ups. Bake the roll-ups for 15 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Serve hot.
Great Ideas: Try other combination's for the filling, such as spinach and mozzarella or roasted peppers and ricotta cheese
Serving suggestions: Steamed julienned zucchini and carrots, sprinkled with Italian seasonings, is the perfect side for the lasagna roll-ups.
PS...I also take my favorite lasagna recipe and do the same thing. For some reason it tastes better to me and it is more fun.
BY: Great American Recipe
CHEESE WHITE SAUCE
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp butter, melted
warm 2 cups of milk then add to above 3 to 5 minutes
add salt, white pepper and nutmeg
The nutmeg is a really nice touch. It makes it really good. Make your fave noodle or put this over your veges or meat. It is just plain good of everything :o)
By: Kirsten W
EASY ALFREDO SAUCE
1 pt heavy whipping cream
1 stick butter
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
dash white pepper
Simmer and stir 1st 3 ingredients until melted together. Add rest and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Great on fettuccine with grilled chicken and broccoli. Last night we made it with lobster ravioli and loved it. My kids gobbled this down. This is for sure a keeper ( I would put a dash of nutmeg in it)
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
For Meatballs, chicken, beef, or pork or just sauce to your egg rolls, etc
1/2 cup vinegar
6 Tbsp ketchup
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp corn starch
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple tiblets with juice or crushed
Put everything on stove and bring to boil
1) One way: I put everything in a pan and the cornstarch last and make sure it is mixed up then add the pineapple.
2) 2nd way: add meat balls. or cook up chicken then add sauce.
I usually double for around 7 people.
Cook up rice to go along with this. I put the meatballs on top of the rice
CATALINA CRANBERRY CHICKEN
Prep: 10 minutes Total: 1 hour Makes: 8 servings
4 lb bone-in chicken pieces 9breast halves or thighs)
1 can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 bottle (8 oz) Kraft Catalina dressing
1 env. onion soup mix
HEAT oven to 350 F.
PLACE chicken in 2 (13x9) baking dish
MIX remaining ingredients; pour over chicken
BAKE 50 minutes or until chicken is done (165F)
NOTE: Mix and match using the chicken pieces you have on hand or what's on sale. Use all breast, all thighs or a combination of both. For each serving, plan on 1 breast half or 2 thighs. (I think I would make more sauce because our family likes extra and I put it over sticky rice or normal rice)
BY: Kirsten (Kraftfoods.com/ food and family magazine)
CHICKEN DINNER ON THE RUN
Prep/cook time: 20 minutes
1 TBSP oil
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut up
1 bag (16 oz) zesty garlic frozen vegetables pasta blend
1 can (10 3/4 oz) your favorite Campbells cream soup
1/2 cup water
Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
Add vegetable pasta blend, soup and water. heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes or until done.
BY: Campbells Easy family meals book
6 chicken breasts
3/4 cup mushrooms, quartered
1/2 lb muenster cheese (or cheddar)
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 tsp chicken base (bullion)
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup hot water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
1) Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Place in two beaten eggs. Combine bread crumbs, parsley and garlic. Drain chicken and coat with bread crumb mixture (I do this in a plastic bag)
2) Add olive oil to non-stick skillet, brown chicken. Melt butter in 9x13 pan. Layer chicken and mushrooms. Add grated cheese on top. Dissolve chicken base in water, pour over chicken. Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
By Sue W
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp fresh crushed garlic
1/4 tsp fresh ginger
1 lb chicken breast
1 tsp onion powder
1 can sliced pineapple
Double sauce. Warm chicken broth then add everything else. Pour over chicken and marinate in a 9x13. Put sliced pineapple on top and cook on broil for 20 minutes, turn chicken 1/2 way through. Another way, grill and add fresh sauce that you doubled and pour on top after you grill. or bake for 35 minutes
By: Holly R
CHICKEN PARMESAN BUNDLES very yummy!!
Prep: 35 minutes Total: 1 hour 5 minutes
4 oz (1/2 of 8 oz pkg) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 1/4 cups Kraft shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
6 Tbsp Kraft 100% grated Parmesan cheese, divided
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2lb), pounded to 1/4" thickness
10 ritz crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, heated
PREHEAT oven to 375 F. Mix cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp of the parmesan cheese until well blended; spread evenly onto chicken breast.
Starting at one of the short ends of each breast, roll up chicken tightly. Secure with wooden toothpicks, if desired. Set aside.
BEAT egg in shallow bowl or pie plate. Mix remaining 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese and the cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowl or pie plate. Dip chicken bundles in egg, then roll in crumb mixture. Place, seam-side down, in 13x9" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165F). Remove and discard toothpicks, if using. Serve topped with the spaghetti sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
Save 40 calories and 4 g fat per serving by preparing with Philadelphia Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 less fat than cream cheese; kraft shredded 2% mozzarella cheese and reduced fat ritz crackers.
BY: Kirsten (food and family book 2007/Kraftfoods.com)
4 chicken breast, cut in half
8 mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs, beat
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Beat 2 eggs. Mix dry 1/2 cup bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in pie plate. 8 chicken cutlets season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg and bread crumbs. Brown on each side for about 1 to 2 minutes in 2 Tbsp olive oil. Cook through. Drain on paper towel. Put about 2 cups of tomato sauce on bottom of cookie sheet. Place chicken on top of sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese. You can also put slices of tomatoes of cheese. Broiler for about 2 to 4 minutes.
QUICK CHICKEN PARMIGIANA
Prep/cook time: 20 minutes
1 pkg (10 to 14 oz) frozen or refrigerated fully cooked breaded chicken patties or cutlets
1 jar (28 oz) Prego traditional pasta sauce
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 cups hot cooked spaghetti
PLACE patties in a 2 qt shallow baking dish. Top each with about 1/4 cup pasta sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
BAKE at 400 F for 15 minutes or until done
HEAT remaining sauce and serve with chicken and spaghetti
BY: Campbells Easy Menu book
about 2 cups shredded chicken (2 to 3 chicken breasts)
1 (8oz) softened cream cheese
1 (1/2 cup) stick soft butter
I mix all this in a mixer until blended.
2 to 3 cans of croissants or homemade rolls (in the bread file)
1 large can cream of chicken soup
put about 1 tsp in each croissant and roll into a ball
Melt 1 stick butter, and at least 1 cup or a little more of Italian bread crumbs. Put them in two different shallow dishes or pie plates. Roll each chicken puff in the butter first, then the crumbs. Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.warm up soup, milk and seasoning. pour over chicken puffs after they are baked.
By: My young women leader from Orem from 1990s
CHICKEN STUFFED WITH HERBY MASCARPONE
This only was made for 2 people so I changed this to fit my family so I will write down what they had and what I did for mine
2 Tbsp mascarpone cheese (Italian cream cheese), (I used 2 5oz each container)
1 Tbsp rosemary (I used Pampered Chef Rosemary blend, I sprinkled it in until it smelled good)
1 garlic clove, crushed
Salt and pepper
2 boneless skinless breasts ( I think I used between 6 to 8 )
4 slices of prosciutto (so depends on how many chickens you have, it was 2 per chicken)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 lemon (now, I used one total and my family thought it was too lemony, i thought it was wonderful)
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix the mascrapone cheese with the rosemary, garlic and seasonings.
2) Place the chicken breast on the board and cut a pocket in for the stuffing. Put a spoonful of the mix in each pocket of breast.
3) Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each, as neatly and tightly as you can, to keep the filling enclosed (I put a tooth pick to hold it on)
4) Heat a non-stick frying pan, add the olive oil and quickly brown the chicken on both sides. Transfer to a roasting tin, then finish off in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until just cooked
5) Add the lemon juice to the roasting tin and stir over the heat, scraping off the crispy bits. Spoon the juices over the chicken and serve with potatoes and green beans.
(now if you can't find this cheese I am sure you can use just plain cream cheese. It is more expensive to buy, heads up)
GOLDEN CHICKEN & AUTUMN VEGETABLES
Prep/cook time: 5 min, 30 minutes
4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
1 cup SWANSON chicken broth or Natural Goodness Chicken broth (I just make mine with the cubes from SAMS)
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
2 large sweet potatoes, cut up
2 cups fresh or frozen green beans
COOK chicken in nonstick skillet until browned.
ADD broth, parsley, garlic, rosemary, thyme, potatoes and beans. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until done.
BY: Campbell's Easy Menu book
HOME-STYLE CHICKEN POT PIE **** very GOOD
Serves 6 (it really serves more if you aren't a big eater like our family)
2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts, trimmed
1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury pie crust (is the best unless you make a homemade one)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 TBSP all purpose flour
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cups heavy cream
1 bag (16-20 oz) frozen peas/carrots
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 egg yolk
1 TBSP water
1) Preheat oven to 425 F. Place the chicken in a large saucepan; add enough cool water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain the chicken; let cool. Shred the chicken using 2 folks.
2) Meanwhile, fit one pie crust into a 9"pie plate: set aside. Roll out the remaining piecrust ona lightly floured surface. Cut the crust into 1/2" wide strips with a pastry wheel; set aside.
3) Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Whisk in the flour and thyme; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the broth and cream; whisk until thickened, 3-4 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in the shredded chicken, frozen peas and carrots, salt and pepper.
4) Spoon the filling into the prepared pie plate. Arrange 6 of the pie crust strips in the same direction on top of the pie, twisting dough. Arrange the remaining strips crosswise on the top; fold the edges under and crimp edge to seal.
5) Beat the egg yolk and water. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture; place the pie on a baking sheet. Bake the pie until the crust is golden and filling is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
VARIATIONS: you can easily change the vegetable combination's in this savory pie. Use a combination of your favorites, such as corn and diced red pepper or cut green beans and sliced button mushrooms.
BY: Kirsten W. (Great American Home Baking book)
LEMON GRILLED CHICKEN
2 TBSP olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley plus extra sprigs for garnish
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 6 oz each)
1) Use a peeler to remove strips of zest from 1/2 of lemon, then trim into fine strips with a small knife. Reserve and set aside. Grate the other side of the lemon to make 1 TBSP zest. Finally, squeeze the juice from the lemon into a bowl.
2) In a large bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, oil, garlic, parsley, thyme, marjoram, and salt/pepper.. Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and spoon the marinade over the chicken until well coated.. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes, or overnight if you have time.
3) Preheat the griddle, grill or broiler to medium heat. Put the chicken pieces on the griddle, reserving marinade. Cook chicken until cooked through, about 10 minutes on each side. Brush with reserved marinade 2-3 times during cooking. Sprinkle with reserved lemon strips and serve immediately garnished with parsley sprigs.
Great ideas: The easiest way to prevent lemon zest from sticking to a grater is to brush it off with a pastry brush. You can also use the brush to baste the chicken with the marinade in step 3.
Serving suggestions: for a healthier meal, serve with grilled portobello mushrooms and a pasta salad mixed with zucchini and peppers.
BY: Great American Recipes
CHICKEN/SHRIMP ENCHILADAS WITH SWEET CORN SAUCE
Prep: 35 minutes Total: 1 hour 5 minutes Serves: 4
1 box (10 oz) green giant niblets frozen corn & butter sauce
1 can (4.5 oz) old el paso chopped green chilies
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro springs
3/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp light olive oil
1 tsp lime juice
12 oz uncooked medium shrimp (about 24), thawed if frozen, peeled/deveined
2 chicken breasts (I used a can of cooked, shredded chicken)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup refrigerated cooked shredded hash brown potatoes (from 20 oz bag)
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1 jalapeno chili, seeded, diced
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
8 flour tortillas for soft tacos and fajitas (10.5 oz pkg)
Finely chopped red cabbage, if desired
1) Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish
2) Cook corn in microwave as directed on pkg
3) In blender or food processor, place 1 cup of corn and butter sauce, 3 Tbsp of the green chilies, the sugar, cilantro and milk. Cover ; blend on medium speed until creamy. Pour into medium bowl; stir in remaining corn and butter sauce until well mixed. Set aside.
4) In 10" nonstick skillet, heat oil and lime juice over medium high heat. Add chicken/shrimp; sprinkle cumin over them. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are pink or chicken is warm. Remove shrimp/chicken skillet to cutting board; chop. Set aside
5) In same skillet, cook potatoes over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Stir in shrimp/chicken, remaining green chilies, the bell pepper, jalapeno chilie and cheese until mixed.
6) Heat tortiallas in microwave as directed as pkg
7) Pour half of the corn sauce in bottom of baking dish. Spoon about 1/2 cup shrimp mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilia; place seam side down on corn sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining corn sauce evenly over enchiladas
8) Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. To serve, place 2 enchiladas on each of 4 serving plates. Garnish with cabbage and onions.
By : Kirsten
CITRUS ROASTED CHICKEN
Yields: 4-6 servings
4 to 5 lbs roasting chicken
1 orange, quartered
1 lemon, quartered and seeded
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
2 bay leaves
2 Tbsp EVOO, plus extra for drizzling
Stuff the chicken cavity with the orange, lemon, onion, and bay leaves. Tie up the legs and season the outside with the salt/pepper. Transfer the chicken to a roasting pan, drizzle with a little EVOO and roast until the juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160, about 90 minutes. (I think it was closer to 1 hour 15 minutesish) (suggestion: After it was done, I wish I would of poured the juices over the chicken as it was cooking) I did put some slices in the chicken after it was done and poured the juices over it a whole bunch of times and after we tour ti apart, I poured more of the juices over each chicken pieces. It was very good and let me know if you try this)
By Kirsten W ( I got this from Rachael ray)
CREAMY CHICKEN ALFREDO
Makes 6 servings
1/4 cups all purpose flour
6 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves (about 4 oz each)
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil divided
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp minced onion ( I used a whole onion)
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh parsley (I used dry)
1) Preheat oven to 375 F. Place flour in shallow dish (I ended up having to use more flour) or pie plate. Sprinkle chicken with salt; coat with flour. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook turning once, until golden brown, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet place in a 13x9 dish.
2) Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and onion; cook until garlic is fragrant and onion is tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium high; add cream, cheese and pepper. Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken in dish.
3) Bake chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of chicken registers 180 F. 8 to 12 minutes. (more like 20 minutes) Sprinkle with parsley
Hint: In my other alfredo sauce it says to sprinkle some nutmeg in it. I also love extra sauce so I doubled the sauce. I also made steamed asparagus so I could use some of the cheesy sauce for them. Add on top of the chicken I sprinkled extra shredded Parmesan Cheese.
FLASH-ROASTED CHICKEN AND SPINACH
1/4 cup, plus 4 tsp olive oil, divided
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 bay leaves, halved
1 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
4 boneless skinless chicken breast, halved
3 (6 oz) bags baby spinach
1) In large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup of the oil, lemon juice, garlic, bay leaves, 1/2 tsp of the salt, 1/4 tsp pepper; stir well. Add chicken; seal bag. Turn to coat evenly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
2) Heat oven to 500 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large ovenproof skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes or until browned on bottom. Turn chicken; place skillet in oven. Bake 5 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center. Remove from oven; cover loosely with foil.
3) Meanwhile, place spinach in shallow large roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining 4 tsp oil; toss to lightly coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; toss. Bake 5 minutes or until leaves are wilted.
4) To serve, divide spinach among 4 plates; place chicken breast over spinach. Drizzle with pan juices.
PS I made steamed carrots and steamed them for 10 minutes then I added cabbage to the carrots and steamed them and put them all together for another 10 minutes. Add butter, salt, pepper. Was so good
MAPLE GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS
2 to 3 lbs chicken wings
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
2/3 cups chili sauce
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Put the chicken in a 9x13 pan. Mix all the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the chicken. Marinate over night or at least 4 hours. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes with tin foil over then rotate chicken every 15 minutes and pour sauce over chicken. Another way is, make the sauce, take 1/2 sauce and save. Pour the other 1/2 over the chicken (you can use boneless chicken or bigger chicken in bone) and marinate. Discard the marinate and cook chicken on grill and use the other 1/2 of sauce and brush over chicken on grill until done.
By: Jacquie Hill
3 chicken breasts, halved ( I use the chicken tenders and just fill up a 9x13 pan)
1/2 cup flour
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 1/2 cups oj
2 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 can (16 oz) peach halves, drained
(what I do, I just fill up a 9x13 pan with the cooked chicken, then I double the sauce and a lot of peaches, i love the peaches and sauce to this. oh also i use frozen oj and when i make it I use the juice from the peaches then add enough water to finish. makes it so delish)
Shake chicken pieces in bag with flour and salt and pepper to taste; brown in butter and oil. place browned chicken in a greased 3 qt casserole dish. Combine oj with vinegar, sugar, basil, and nutmeg, and pour over chicken. Cover an bake at 375 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender. Baste often. Then place peaches between ( i just cover my chicken so I don't see the chicken :o) chicken pieces, baste well, and bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer. Serves 6
PS you can thicken the sauce with cornstarch if it is too runny but I hope you like it as much as we do. When I make this, for breakfast I make my Peachy french toast that is soooo good.. It is in my breakfast section
By: Kirsten W
QUICK PINEAPPLE CHICKEN
6 skinless chicken breasts halved (about 6 oz each)
1 (16 oz) bottle Italian vinegerate salad dressing
1 can (12 oz) pineapple juice
Arrange chicken in a large shallow pan. Pierce meat with fork. Combine dressing and juice. Pour over chicken. Chill, at least 15 minutes until ready to cook (can make up to 12 hours ahead). Preheat broiler, tear of a piece of aluminum foil twice as long as a broiler pan and place in pan. Arrange chicken on foil. Pour about 1/2 cup of marinate over chicken. Seal foil. Broil foil packet for 15 minutes. Open foil, broil until chicken is cooked through about 5 to 10 minutes mores.
I added 2 cans of chunk pineapple instead of 1 can of juice.
SPINACH-STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
Prep: 25 minutes Time: 1 hour Serves: 6
1 1/2 cups water
6 Tbsp kraft roasted red pepper Italian with Parmesan dressing, divided
1 pkg (10 oz) spinach leaves, stems removed, chopped
1 pkg (6 oz) stove top stuffing for chicken
1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted red peppers
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halved (1 1/2 lbs) pounded to 1/4 thickness
1/2 cup kraft shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350. Bring water and 2 Tbsp of the dressing to boil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Stir in spinach, stuffing mix and peppers; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Set aside.
2) Place chicken, top sides down, on large cutting board; spread evenly with stuffing mixture. Starting at one of the short ends, tightly roll up each chicken breast. Place, seam-side down, in a 9x13 baking dish. Brush with remaining 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) dressing.
3) Bake 30. Sprinkle with cheese. bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through (170 degrees)
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup crushed pineapple
3 to 4 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp accent seasonings
1/2 tsp salt
garlic salt/ corn starch
egg (a little water)
Cook first 5 ingredients for 10 minutes and simmer. Cut chicken, sprinkle with garlic salt let set, dip in corn starch then eggs. Fry to set up. Put in pan pour sauce over the meat. Bake 1/2 hour at 350. After 15 minutes, turn over. Eat with rice.
COLA BRAISED POT ROAST
4 1/2 lb boneless chuck roast
3 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
2 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 cups beef stock or low-sodium canned beef broth
12 oz cola soda
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 1/2 Tbsp flour
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees R
Season the roast well on all sides with 2 tsp of salt and the pepper. On a cutting board combine the remaining salt, minced garlic and rosemary and, using the side of a knife, mash against the board repeatedly to form a paste. Using a small paring knife, make thin slits into the roast on all sides, about 2 inches apart, and fill the holes with the garlic-rosemary paste. Repeat until you have all the paste. Heat a Dutch oven over high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the roast and cook until very well browned on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the beef stock and cola and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits. Add the tomato paste and stir to blend. The liquid should be about 1/2 way up the sides of the roast. Cover the Dutch oven, place in oven, and roast until the meat is fork-tender, about 3 1/2 hours, turning the meat every hour and adding extra water if necessary to keep the liquid level at about 1/3 up the sides of the roast.
When the meat is fork-tender, remove the roast from the oven and carefully transfer the roast to a serving platter. Cover loosely to keep warm
Skim off as much of the fat from the surface of the cooking liquid as possible. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the fat in a small bowl and add the flour. Stir to make a smooth paste. Add 1/2 cup of the hot cooking liquid to the bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk this mixture into the cooking liquid the remains in the Dutch oven and place over high heat on the stovetop. Cook, whisking frequently, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and any floury taste is gone. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Serve the roast with the hot gravy.
CIDER PORK CHOPS
1/4 tsp salt, divided2
1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
4 pork chops (about 5 oz each)
1 TBSP butter
1 TBSP vegetable oil (canola oil)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 TBSP all purpose flour
1 cup apple cider
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 TBSP chopped fresh sage or 1 tsp dried sage
1) Season the pork chops with 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops. Cook until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife, 6-7 minutes on each side. Remove chops from skillet. Keep warm
2) Add the onion to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually add the cider and broth.
3) Stir in the sage. Bring to a boil, stirring. Simmer until the sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining salt/pepper
4) Place the pork chops on warmed serving plates and spoon the sauce over the top.
Great tips: for a richer, creamer sauce, remove the skillet from the heat at the end of Step 3 and stir in 3 TBSP sour cream
Serving suggestions: Serve with sauteed potatoes and steamed cabbage wedges. Finish the meal with warm Dutch apple pie
BY: Great American Recipe
CREAMY RANCH PORK CHOPS & RICE
Prep/cook time: 15 minutes
1 Tbsp vegetable/canola oil
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4" thick
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's cream of mushroom (I used chicken) soup
1/2 can milk
1 pkg (2 tbsp) ranch salad dressing mix
Ranch style rice
HEAT oil in skillet. Add chops and cook until browned.
ADD soup, milk and 1/2 pkg (1 tbsp) salad dressing mix. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with paprika.
SERVE with Ranch-style rice
RANCH STYLE RICE:
Add remaining (1 tbsp) salad dressing mix to water when making rice (my kids love this and when I make rice I have to make it this way)
BY: Campbell's Easy meal book
GLAZED STUFFED PORK CHOPS
Prep: 20 minutes Total: 45 mintues
1 pkg (6 oz) stove top mix for chicken
1 1/2 cups apple juice
2 granny smith apples, divided
6 bone-in pork chops (3 lbs) each with pocket cut for stuffing
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Reduced Fat Dressing, divided (or normal)
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
PREHEAT oven to 375 F. Prepare stuffing as directed on pkg, substituting apple juice for the water. Cut 1 of the apples into 1/2" chunks; stir into prepared stuffing. Spoon 1/4 cup of the stuffing mixture into pocket in each chop. Sprinkle chops with pepper; set aside. Spoon remaining stuffing into 13x9" baking dish.
HEAT large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add half of the chops; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned on both sides. Remove chops from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet. Place chops over stuffing dish. Repeat with remaining chops. Core remaining apple; cut crosswise into 12 rings. Place 2 apple rings over each chop. Brush evenly with 1 Tbsp of the dressing.
BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until chops are cooked through (160 F). Meanwhile, mix remaining 1/3 cup dressing, the sugar and mustard in same skillet; cook on medium-high heat 1 minute or until bubbly and thickened. Serve spooned over the apples and chops.
Makes 6 servings.
SHORTCUTS: Substitute bone-in pork chops without the pockets cut for stuffing. Place all of the stuffing mixture in the baking dish and continue as directed.
BY: Kirsten W ( food and family magazine 2007/Kraftfoods.com)
PORK WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND POTATOES ***
Prep/cook time: 25 minutes
4 boneless pork chops, 1/2" thick*
1 tbsp olive oil
4 medium onion, sliced
1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
SEASON chops with black pepper
HEAT oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook 10 minutes or until well browned. Remove chops
ADD potatoes, onion and oregano. Cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally
ADD chops, broth and peppers. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done.
*substitute bone-in pork chops for bone-less pork chops
BY: Campbell's Easy Menu book
ZESTY PORK TENDERLOIN
Serves: 6 Prep: 5 minutes Start-finish: 1 hour 35 minutes
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp dry white wine or water
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce (I used the one with garlic cuz that is what I had)
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 pork tenderloins (about 3/4 lb each)
( I would at least double if not triple the sauce because after you cut it you want to smother it in the sauce :o)
1) Mix all ingredients except pork in a shallow glass dish. Add pork; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
2) Heat oven to 425. Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan ( I used a 9x13 pan) Insert meat thermometer horizontally so tip is in thickest part of pork. ( I didn't have one that went in the oven so I just cooked it for the time it says then checked it) Roast uncovered 27 to 29 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 for medium doneness
ROASTED CHICKEN, ONION AND ROSEMARY PIZZA
2 cups cooked chicken, coarsely chopped
1 medium red onion, sliced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tsp Pampered Chef Rosemary Seasoning ( I highly recommend getting this from them)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 pkg, (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
Roll out dough ( I use my pizza dough recipe in the breads file) using a dough roller to within 1/2 inch of edge of large round stone ( I have used the rectangle one also. Plus if you don't want the dough to be soggie I bake the dough for 5 to 10 minutes to get a little cooked).. Coarsely chop chicken. Slice red onion into 1/4 inch thick slices & snip parsley. In large colander bowl toss chicken, onion, parsley, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, tomatoes, black pepper and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Spread chicken mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 8 to 10 minutes before serving
By: Pampered Chef
Friday, September 11, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
2 1/4 russet or Yukon Gold potatoes (I used red potatoes)
1 whole garlic bulb
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp (1/4 stick) butter
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
EASY STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel potatoes and cut into even-size pieces. Place in a large pot of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, separate garlic cloves, but do not peel them. Place in a bowl, add olive oil and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet and roast in oven until softened, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
3) Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mash slightly. Add sour cream and butter. Quickly squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into pot. Add salt and pepper.
4) Mash potatoes until combined and smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cut chives into small pieces. Sprinkle over mashed potatoes in bowl; serve.
For extra flavor, stir some finely chopped green onions into the mashed potato mixture in Step 3.
Serving suggestions: This dish is perfect to serve with roast chicken. Add your favorite vegetable side to the menu and you have a complete meal
Saturday, July 4, 2009
white sheet cake:
makes one 12x18 sheet cake
1 ½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp, plus more for baking sheet
3 cups cake flour ( not self-rising), plus more for baking sheet
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups sugar (Seperate 1/4 cup)
½ tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
8 egg whites
1)Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 12-by-18-by-1-inch rimmed baking sheet, tapping out any excess flour; set aside
2)In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside
3)In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour; beat until just combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; set aside
4)In the clean bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites on low speed until foamy. With mixer running, gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar; beat on high speed until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 4 minutes. Do not overbeat. Gently fold a third of the egg-white mixture into the butter-flour mixture until combined. Gently fold in remaining egg-white mixture
5)Transfer batter to prepared baking sheet and smooth batter evenly with a spatula or back of a spoon. Transfer to oven and bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Invert cake onto rack, then reinvert and let cool completely
Cream cheese frosting
1 ½ lbs (3 cups, 6 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
2 lbs cream cheese, room temp (4, 8oz pkg)
1 lb confectioners’ sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla
Place butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high until fluffy. Reduce speed; add confectioners' sugar and vanilla, beat until well combined
Trim any rough edges from cakes using a serrated knife. Place four strips of parchment paper around the perimeter of a serving platter. Place first layer, bottom side up, on serving platter. Using an offset spatula, spread cake with 2 1/2 cups frosting. Top with remaining layer, bottom side up. Spread entire cake with 5 1/2 cups frosting. Place remaining frosting in a large pastry bag fitted with a star tip (such as Ateco #35). Remove parchment paper strips
2)Using the tip of a toothpick, outline the shape of a flag on the cake. Fill the upper left-hand corner with a single layer of blueberries. Place one row of raspberries across upper edge of cake to form first red stripe. Pipe one row of stars just below raspberries to form first white stripe. Repeat process with remaining raspberries and frosting until you have 7 red and 6 white stripes
****I also make this in 2 spring form round pans and decorate with fruit and mint on the top....I have also made this in a wedding cake. You can do so much with this cake. It is the best ever!
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Powdered sugar
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolate, HERSHEY'S HUGS Brand Chocolates, HERSHEY'S MINIATURES Chocolate Bars
- Blueberries, raspberries, halved strawberries
- 1 TWIZZLERS Strawberry Twists
1. Heat oven to 375 F. Line 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil; generously grease foil.
2. Beat egg whites in large bowl until foamy; gradually add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
3. Beat egg yolks and vanilla in small bowl on high speed of mixer for about 3 minutes. Gradually add remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar; continue beating 2 minutes. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg yolk mixture alternately with water on low speed, beating just until batter is smooth.
4. Fold chocolate mixture gradually into egg whites; spread evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan;invert on towel sprinkled with powdered sugr. Carefully remove foil. Immediately roll cake in towel, starting from narrow end; place on wire rack to cool.
6. Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread with pie filling and 1-1/2 cups whipped topping; reroll cake. Frost cake with remaining whipped topping. Place candies and fruit on frosted cake so that they form stripes around the cake. Add strawberry twist for "wick". Refrigerate until serving time. Serves 8 to 10.
FROM: My Costco Angel: Susan Dec 2009
3 cups Chocolate Chips (1-1/2 C Semi Sweet and 1-1/2 C Milk Chocolate)
1 10 oz Pkg of miniature marshmallows
Optional: 2 cups chopped nuts
*Place in LARGE bowl and set aside
*Butter a 13x9 pan for thick fudge, baking tray for thin fudge
In MED size sauce pan put
1 cup Butter (2) sticks
4 ½ cups Sugar
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
Heat butter, sugar & milk to a rolling boil
Boil 6 minutes
Remove from heat
ADD: 1 Tbls. Vanilla to hot ingredients (careful it will bubble up)
Immediately pour HOT mix into LARGE bowl ingredients.
Stir: until it starts to get thick.
Pour into greased pan.
Cool in fridge for (2) hrs
(I chill overnight)
Cut into squares.
By: Colleen Santos
| time: 25 minutes Total : 2:35 min |
cup granulated sugar
|1/2||cup packed brown sugar|
|1/2||cup peanut butter|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine, softened|
|1 1/4||cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour|
|3/4||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- Below use with that recipe
BY: Betty Crocker
PEANUT BUTTER REINDEER COOKIES
Prep: 50 minutes Total: 50 minutes Makes :2 dozen
|1||pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix|
|3||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2||tablespoons granulated sugar|
|72||semisweet chocolate chips (about 3 tablespoons)|
|12||star-shaped Christmas pretzels or pretzel sticks|
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet). In medium bowl, mix cookies as directed on package, using oil, water and egg.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart. Dip bottom of drinking glass in sugar; press each ball until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Pinch bottom edge of each cookie to form a longer point. At point of each cookie, place 1 chocolate chip for nose; press down slightly. Place 2 chocolate chips on each cookie for eyes; press down slightly. With small sharp knife, cut star points from Christmas pretzels to form 48 small V-shaped pretzels (if using pretzel sticks, cut into quarters). Press 2 pretzel pieces into top of each cookie for antlers.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
BUTTER COOKIE SNOWMEN
12 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Blue and orange paste food coloring
- HERSHEY’®S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- milk and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour. Remove 2/3 cup
- dough to a small bowl; tint blue. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of dough
- and orange food coloring; set aside.
- For snowmen, shape white dough into 12 balls, 1-1/4 in. each; 12
- balls, about 1/2 in. each; and 12 balls, about 1/8 in. each. For
- bodies, place large balls on two ungreased baking sheets; flatten to
- 3/8-in. thickness. Place 1/2-in. balls above bodies for heads;
- Shape half of blue dough into 12 triangles. Place triangles above
- heads for hats; attach 1/8-in. white balls for tassels. Shape orange
- dough into noses; place on heads. Divide the remaining blue dough
- into 12 pieces; shape into scarves and position on snowmen. Add
- chocolate chip eyes and buttons. Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes
- or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire rack
- Yields 1 dozen